By joining the team, you’ll get some great benefits:
- Officially Compete for Texas Triathlon
- Coached Workouts on TrainingPeaks and Reserved RecSports Facilities
- Discounts from our Sponsors, Apparel, and Kits
- Discounted Spring Break Trip
- Discounts on Race Fees/Travel Expenses (Annual members get free Andy’s Tri and Bevoman entry)
- USAT Annual Membership (for racing 3 or more conference races)
- Social Events
- And a Free T-Shirt! (Possibly the best part about joining)
We recommend that you first come out and attend some practices. This will give you a chance to see what we’re all about. After 2 weeks, we’ll ask you that you pay dues to become an official Texas Triathlon member.
To join the team, start by joining our Email List where we will email out all official team announcements. You will then need to fill out the RecSports membership packet. Health insurance is mandatory for all members on the team. If you are able and willing to be driver, be sure to upload a picture of your driver’s license and vehicle insurance. Note: Only drivers age 18+ with a valid Texas driver’s licence are allowed to drive.
Once the paperwork is out of the way, just pay your dues online by cash/check to an officer. Dues are $125/semester or $200/year (sorry, no refunds). If you haven’t already, join our Facebook Group, where we will be posting more information about social events, workouts, races, volunteering, etc.
Instructions for Online Dues: Sign in with your EID or Continue as guest. On the left sidebar, click on “Sport Club Tournaments & Online Dues”. Finally, select the “Triathlon” dues option and follow the checkout instructions.
Checks should be made out to UT Austin and should have “Triathlon” and your UTEID in the memo. Please give your check to Preston, our treasurer, or you can give it to an officer at any of our practices.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of our officers.